“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give” Winston Churchill
Ramadan is a month when we all try to be good, do good and feel good. It is also a month when a lot of us try to renew our connection with our true selves and with God.
Here are 10 tried-and-tested ideas you can try to help you reconnect!
- Embrace your values and honor them with pride!
- Ask yourself what gift you want to give the world. What do you want to be remembered for? Honor that!
- Spend quality time with those who give you positive energy and with whom you feel yourself
- Arm yourself with a shield of “Teflon” when dealing with energy-drainers outside your circle of influence
- Simplify your routines……let go of some tasks that do not add meaning to who you want to be!
6. De-clutter your wardrobe. Give away things you have not worn in 6 months and add an outfit you really like as well
7. Be kind to yourself and trust your intuitions (gut feelings)
8. Consciously perform simple gestures of kindness to members of your extended family every day
9. Dedicate time to teach something of value to others every week
10. Pick up the phone and reconnect with a long-lost cousin