Want a quick and easy recipe with an awesome taste? How about Couscous salad? This super-simple couscous recipe is lightly spiced and brilliant , there’s no cooking involved. This plate is great for picnics and lunches and is also low fat ! It’s worth mentioning that Couscous is full of nutrients like: calcium, phosphorus, selenium, potassium, magnesium.
- 100 g Couscous
- 125 ml half cup hot vegetable stock
- 2 spring onions
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/4 cup of cubed Feta cheese
- 2 tbsp of roasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- One and a half teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- Firstly put the couscous into a large bowl, add the hot vegetable stock . Cover, then leave for 10 mins, until fluffy and all the stock has been absorbed.
- Slice the onions, pepper and dice the cucumber.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and add the diced vegetables.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing and stir into the couscous.
- Add the feta cheese cubes and toss the pine nuts on top.