Moringa Tree (Moringa Oleifera) are now available in Egyptian Supermarkets. What is this Miracle Tree and how to use it. Here is 5 health benefits of Moringa Super Food.
Moringa is a new Super Food, nearly every part of the Moringa or Drumstick Tree is edible and is packed with vitamins, proteins and minerals, according to scientists from John Hopkins University. 28 grams of Moringa leaves contain more vitamin A than carrots, more iron than spinach, more calcium than milk, more potassium than bananas and more vitamin C than an orange. Moringa leaves contain protein quality similar to whole milk and eggs, without the fat and calories.
- Moringa is a natural Power House: Moringa leaves are a natural sustained energy booster, which are not based on sugar. It helps lower blood pressure and is a soothing sleep aid.
- Inflammation Fighting: It is detoxifying as it attaches itself to harmful material and bacteria.
- Anti-stress: Moringa leaves can help treat a nutrient deficiency caused depression. It is an excellent source of Vitamin B6, magnesium and potassium, all of which are essential for a healthy functioning nervous system.
- Natural Support for Breastfeeding: It is used in the Philippines and India by breastfeeding mothers to encourage breast milk production.
- Anti-aging: it is rich in anti-oxidants and contains 17 of the 23 known amino acids, which are required for growth and repair of healthy skin cells.
How to use it
The Moringa leaves may be eaten raw, cooked, dried and used as a tea, or as a smoothie with coconut milk. Take 2-3 spoonful of Moringa dried leaves a day or sip it through the day as your natural detoxifying tea. It has a spinachy taste so it is ideal to use it on your salad or soup.