Now this is the kind of meal that will make you wonder why you ever ate junk food. Without any kind of mysterious hard to find ingredients, this one is a taste bud pleaser and an energy provider too!
The best part is that this recipe components can be altered as much as you want; you can make it taste great with pretty much anything in your fridge!
Find quinoa at: Gourmet Egypt
You will need:
- 2 cups of Quinoa
- Vegetables: Any combination & quantity depending on what you like & how many people you’re trying to feed. However, try to include those
- 7 Asparagus stems
- 1 Onion
- 1 Bell pepper
- 8 Mushrooms
- You can add as much vegetables as you like, vegetables are always good for you.
- Cooking oil, and for a healthier replacement use olive oil you will also need
- Spices: Any combination and quantity of fresh and/or dried herbs but preferably use those
- 1 Tbsp. of cumin
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Paprika (to dash across top of dish for extra flavour))
Start cooking your quinoa (this will take roughly 15-20 minutes and it can sit if your veggies aren’t ready by the time it’s done cooking).
Next, start chopping your veggies. Toss them into the cooking oil with the dry spices on medium heat, stirring frequently so that it’s evenly sautéed.
When your veggies are almost finished cooking, add your fresh spices. Once the quinoa is cooked, stir in the seasonings of your choice (ex: cumin & ground pepper), and salt to taste. Now you can either scoop each into a bowl in the ratios you like, or just mix all of your veggies in with your quinoa for one big dish