Team Egypt Rio 2016 Day 3 Roundup- Aug 8, 2016
- One of the best achievements of Day 3 in Rio is in Men’s Trap Shooting, where Ahmed Kamar ranked 5th with 12 successful hits out of 15 in the semi finals after losing a duel against Britain’s Edward Ling, Ling ended with a Bronze medal added to Team GB.
- Another achievement of the day came form Men’s 62 Kg Weightlifting by Ahmed Saad with a mighty 294kg. Oscar Figueroa (Colombia) won the Gold with a 318kg.
3. In Men’s 10 m air rifle shooting, Hamada Talaat, who has been widely criticized because of the the controversial Saudi flag issue, ranked 39 with a score 618.2 and the 28 year old Italian Niccolo Campriani Won the Gold Medal.
4. In Women’s Individual Sabre Fencing, Nada Hafez departed as she didn’t qualify to the round of 32 after competing against Alejandra Jhonay Benitez Romero from Venezuela with a result of 15-11.
5. In Men’s Trap Shooting, Abdel Aziz Mehelba ranked no 24 with 112 points
6. In Men’s 73 Kg Judo, Mohamed Mohyeldin llost at the round 32 vs. the Reigning world champion Shohei Ono, who claims Japan’s first Judo Gold Medal in Rio games.
7. In Men’s Laser Sailing Ahmed Ragab Ranked No 22 in Race 2 timing 47:30 minutes
8. In Men’s Welter 69 Kg, Walid Mohamed (22) lost in the round of 32 to Josh Kelly (22) of Britain 3-0.
In Weightlifting, Israa Elsayed copmetes in the 63 kg Women Group B Preliminary round. In shooting, Egyptian young athlete Afaf Elhodhod competes in the women’s 25m pistol Qualifying round. Afaf secured a prestigious 5th place in the 10m pistol shooting. In rowing, Abdel Khalek Elbanna will be competing in the men’s single sculls quarter finals along with co-rower Nadia Negm in women’s single sculls quarter finals. The ‘No-Bikin’ women’s beach volleyball team play today vs. Italy . In Judo, 26 year old Mohamed Abdel Aal competes vs. the 28 year old Uuganbaatar Otgonbaatar of Mongolia in the Men’s 81 kg. In archery veteran Ahmed Elnemr (37)competes vs.Taylor Worth (25) of Australia.
Good luck to all our champs!