Some of the health benefits of Green Mulukhiyya include its ability to protect heart health, regulate digestion, protect the immune system, build strong bones, improve blood pressure, increase cognitive abilities, improve sleep habits, improve circulation, and reduce inflammation.
1 KG fresh green Mulukhiyya
2 tbsp. ghee
Salt and pepper
½ cup dried chick peas (soaked in water for 1 hour)
4 cloves garlic
½ teaspoon red pepper
2 tbsp. dried coriander
1 tbsp. ghee
- Wash Mulukhiyya and dry.
- Fry in 1 tbsp. ghee over medium heat until leaves wilt.
- Remove and place in a sieve.
- Grind into a fine pulp using a mortar and pestle
- Grate onion and fry in 1 tbsp. of ghee (until golden yellow)
- Stir occasionally adding salt and pepper. Simmer over low heat.
- Add chick peas and Mulukhiyya and boil for 10 minutes
- Fry taqliya ingredients in 1 tbsp. of ghee and add Mulukhiyya to serve.
For an extra delicious taste, add some bread crumbs!